Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SR20VE-T katsastus
I figured I might post here, since I know someone has put a VE in their primera..

I'm currently building a VE-T for my NX, aiming for 300 ponies;
[Image: RkHiqMS.jpg]

Has anyone gotten their swap legal? Is the muutoskatsastus possible? Will they complain about it being no turbo version available? Brakes?

Should I just revert back to N/A for the katsastus?

/Dala
Here is littlebit finnish rally english info:

I know one NX with ca18det and it's road legal with 25% muutosprosentteja (change prosents? Big Grin)
http://www.nettiauto.com/nissan/100nx/6602619
There was 5 diffrent engine options and one was SR20DE so CC are not problem in inspection (katsastus? Big Grin)
But turbo and horses are but i think it's possible if you find good inspector who knows what hes doing. You may need dyno papers and other official papers.
I advice you to visit in katsastusasema and askin' about it

About breaks what model your NX is?
Yeah they will complain about turbo if you don't muutoskatsasta your car with turbo
You can revert but if something happend, like you crashing your car insurance won't help you (pay you nothing)
"dnsf kaverit on kyllä sellasta porukkaa että huhhuh. Suurin virhe koskaan että ikinä kirjotin sinne yhtään mitään." -Joopajoo111
HCR32 4D
GE KL-ZE
MY07 GD EJ20
Thank you for the answer.

I find it strange that they put a CA18 engine in the chassis, and then used Honda Accord 2.4 brakes. Why not 200SX or 300ZX brakes? :confused:

I already passed the katsastus with the SR20VE, and as you said, CC is not an issue.

I will complete the build, and go from there. Anyone have any estimates on how much it would cost to do all the paperwork+dyno?
Where they using accord brakes? Big Grin
is your car orginal sr20de did you buyed from finland?
What brakes you do have? (how many pistons)
Still i need to know what year model is it
If inspector require VTT-measurement it's expensive it's about 1-1,5k no matter if it passes or not you still pay it.
Dyno measurement is about 40-120€ other papers about 100-200€ katsastus and muutoskatsastus about 120€
"dnsf kaverit on kyllä sellasta porukkaa että huhhuh. Suurin virhe koskaan että ikinä kirjotin sinne yhtään mitään." -Joopajoo111
HCR32 4D
GE KL-ZE
MY07 GD EJ20
My car is a german import, -91 100NX GTi, originally equipped with SR20DE.

I have AD22 front disc brakes (same as RNN14 GTi), and rear disc brakes (1 piston per caliper). Should be alot better than the disc+drumbrakes found on 1.6L NX. Still, I might need bigger brakes, since I'm increasing the power ower 100%?

What is a VTT-measurement?
Dala Wrote:What is a VTT-measurement?

Emission test what is needed if you make any modifications to engine of the car what is registered as euro1-> emission classification. This test proves that car is in same emission category as it was with original engine.
240SX Convertible Air Ride
BNR32 Syylä

The war between Zenki and Kouki front ends will most likely last longer than any civil or religious war.
Bigger brakes means you need a more pistons and bigger rotors.. i wonder, maby n15 big brake kit should fit on NX?? i'm not sure.. what u think?

Ksport ProComp 6pot Big Brake Kit for 1995-1998 Nissan Pulsar N15 BKIN410-611SO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ksport-ProComp-6...a0&vxp=mtr

i didn't found n14 gti-r big brake kits on ebay.. only rear kits.. :confused:

Dala Wrote:...

... Still, I might need bigger brakes, since I'm increasing the power ower 100%?

Dala Wrote:Thank you for the answer.
I already passed the katsastus with the SR20VE, and as you said, CC is not an issue.

Has this been "muutoskatsastettu"? Passed dont mean its legal Wink
Sampza Wrote:Bigger brakes means you need a more pistons and bigger rotors.. i wonder, maby n15 big brake kit should fit on NX?? i'm not sure.. what u think?
Ksport ProComp 6pot Big Brake Kit for 1995-1998 Nissan Pulsar N15 BKIN410-611SO
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ksport-ProComp-6...a0&vxp=mtr
i didn't found n14 gti-r big brake kits on ebay.. only rear kits.. :confused:
Hmm, abit expensive.. I know for usre that Z32 4-pot calipers mate up to a 4x108 spindle. That route seems like the best performance/price route.
Koljonen Wrote:Emission test what is needed if you make any modifications to engine of the car what is registered as euro1-> emission classification. This test proves that car is in same emission category as it was with original engine.
Ah, Ok! Last katsastus I had some problems to get it thru emissons testings, since I had deleted the narrowband 02-sensor, and fitted a wideband instead. Had to make config changes to the ECU, to accept the signal coming from the Innovate MTX-L instead of the standard 02.
[Image: yt5Wo8r.jpg]
But hey, it passed! Big Grin Even at the official katsastus, and not a local garage!
Wildchild Wrote:Has this been "muutoskatsastettu"? Passed dont mean its legal Wink
Ehrm, it hasn’t Wink